INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Monday, May 23, 2016

Because of her feeding tube


There was a time in this girl's life when we wondered what the future held for her. We wondered if she would ever be healthy enough to live a normal life. If she would go through her whole childhood feeling as sick as she did during her first 18 months. How malnutrition would affect her development. Every now and then, I catch myself watching her in amazement. She has come so far and overcome so much! A lot of things are still not easy for her but she does them anyway. 
In my role with the Feeding Tube Awareness Foundation, I talk to parents all the time who are hesitant to go forward with tube feeding. They're afraid that using a feeding tube means they're giving up on their child, or that they're doing something permanent to their child if they consent to a G tube. I used to be that parent, and I wish I could help every other parent facing that decision to see that the most important thing is that their child is receiving adequate nutrition, and that for some kids, a feeding tube is the best way to accomplish that. A feeding tube is not the end of the world! For so many kids like mine, life BEGINS when they start getting the nutrition their bodies need! Watching her rake up hedge trimmings this weekend, I couldn't help but be in awe once again at the full and wonderful life she's living because of a simple little feeding tube.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog as I was searching for answers while my son finally sleeps on me after his NG tube placement. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...